If you’re a developer, you will need a fast and stable web hosting provider. With so many providers and promises, it can be difficult to find the right solution. Shared hosting doesn’t provide the flexibility and control developers need, whereas, a dedicated server is overkill. The right fit is virtual private server hosting.
A virtual private server (VPS) is a virtual machine sold as a service by an Internet hosting service. A VPS runs its own copy of an operating system, and customers have superuser-level access to that operating system instance, so they can install almost any software that runs on that OS. For many purposes they are functionally equivalent to a dedicated physical server, and being software-defined, are able to be much more easily created and configured.
Virtual Private Servers are available with following operating systems: FreeBSD, Linux CentOS, Linux Debian, Linux Fedora Core, Linux OpenSUSE, Linux Ubuntu, Microsoft Windows and more.
Virtual Private servers feature:
- Fast Setup: VPS will be setup and configured to specification within 24 hours.
- Lightning-fast network: Fault tolerant and lightning-fast network leveraging multi-homed BGP with top tier transit providers.
- Premium Data Centers: Geographically diverse premium US data centers with some of the fastest response times in the industry.
- Great Storage Units: Dual storage system comprised of SAS Based RAID5 and SSD Based RAID10.
- Great Process Power: Multi-CPU servers utilizing Opteron 6000 CPU series, ranging from 12 cores to 16 cores.
A chinese customer, who serves customers across the entire globe, has been using Virtual Private Servers from Sharktech for the last five years. He was originally drawn in by the competitive pricing and remains very satisfied with their service and support. Best of all, he says, Sharktech gets better year-over-year.
If you’re a developer, opt for the virtual private server.